Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cheesy bugs and spinach nuggets


For dinner I made Back to Nature Organic Macaroni and Cheese with bug-shaped pasta, water, Veggie Patch Spinach Nuggets, and Whitehouse No Sugar Added applesauce Superfruit Fusion with Guave and Acai Berry.

I love Veggie Patch Spinach Nuggets. I sautée them in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and serve with a side of ranch. On the package, they had a recipe for spicy ranch dip that was two tablespoons ranch dressing, one teaspoon dijon mustard, and a splash of chipotle pepper sauce. I made some for me that was ranch, horseradish brown mustard and a generous splash of Frank's Buffalo Red Hot Sauce.

The mac and cheese was an expensive whim ($1.69 for the box) but the bug shapes cracked me up and I thought we'd try it.

The applesauce was an add-on, and it tasted weirdly like eucalyptus.

No comments:

Post a Comment