Sunday, October 25, 2009

Broccoli pasta dinner/ Husband does groceries


My husband went grocery shopping. I haven't looked at the receipt, and the kitchen looks okay. At least there's food...

For dinner, I'm making a broccoli pasta dish. We had some fresh broccoli that's been in the fridge for a week.

So, in a saucepan I combined:
  • Four or so tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • One clove fresh garlic
  • One tablespoon butter
Heated that. Added fresh broccoli, two smalls heads, cut bite sized and blanched in the microwave. I sprinkled about two tablespoons lemon juice over that and sautéed while the pasta cooked (whole wheat penne and some white wagon wheels, it's what was there) and since no one bought sprinkle parmesan cheese, and we're not very hungry because we've been eating a lot of junk, voilà, dinner.

2 comments:

  1. you lazy housewife, your husband does the shopping and you just make up some bollocks recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy? Maybe. Housewife? I think not. I worked six hours today designing curriculum teaching people how to design video games, that's why my husband ran to the store. But thanks for the laugh! I needed it.

    ReplyDelete