Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cauliflower and exploding pyrex


I started a lovely lunch today, with a base of instant brown rice that I cooked in water where I had placed about a tablespoon of parsley from my garden that I had stowed in the freezer. I made some Green Giant frozen cauliflower in cheese sauce, planning to serve that on a bed of rice, with some slices of Morningstar vegetarian Italian sausage. I started the tea pot for some almond tea as a beverage and while I began to assemble the final meal...

POP!

I had turned on the wrong burner and my large 11 x 7 pyrex dish exploded all over the kitchen. Thank goodness it narrowly missed the food...

1 comment:

  1. did I ever tell you about my exploding chicken episode. It landed on the floor. i can show you the burn spots in the flooring.

    ReplyDelete