Tuesday, February 24, 2009

When Life Gets Crazy... bake a cake


Yesterday, none of us ate very much. My daughter is recovering from her illness and the insurance company sent people to dehumidify our house. My husband and daughter made a run to Aldi last night, more or less to keep someone out of the way, and they came home with less than $20 worth of stuff, primarily carrots, broccoli, potatoes, coffee, generic peanut butter cereal and potato chips.

So my daughter had a big bowl of cereal and I did what I do when life gets overwhelming: I baked a cake.
I adapted the microwave blueberry cobbler from Eileen Bresslin's vegan cooking class to be a right-side up poire tarte tartin. The recipe has been posted for both, click the Eileen Bresslin link for her recipe and French for the tartin.

Let's see...

Angel's Microwave pear-butter cake

Mix in one microwave safe deep dish pie pan:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder

Add and stir:
3/4 cup milk

Melt:
About about 1/3 to 1/2 cup butter and pour evenly over mixture.


Add pears to top. And drizzle with honey. Microwave for about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment