Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mulligatawny


I clipped this recipe out of a recent Family Fun Magazine that showed up on my doorstep. I'm too tired to type the whole thing... I believe they post their soups at www.familyfun.com/magazine. I simplified the recipe and it came out so delicious...

This was the first time I ever made chicken soup, and I loved it. I served with falafel and hummus in mini whole wheat pitas.


Angel's simplified mulligatawny

Sauté for ten to fifteen minutes in a tad of olive oil or butter:
shredded chicken (I used leftover cooked chicken)
an apple, peeled, cored and chopped
three carrots, peeled and chopped

Add:
1/4 cup flour and about two teaspoons curry (mixed together)

Sauté another five minutes. [If it gets dry add some of the broth early]

Add about three to four cups chicken broth. [I used one small can, about one cup water, and about 3/4 cup white wine-herb-chicken broth.] Simmer for about an hour, partially covered.

The original recipe also called for celery, green peppers, rice and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment