Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mother-in-Law Vegetable Soup


It's chilly and one of those days where I didn't get home from work early. My daughter asked my mother-in-law for some of her beef vegetable soup. Sometimes my mother-in-law's soup is bland and kinda mooshy but usually it's fantastic. And today it was. My husband took my last loaf of homemade wheat bread from the freezer and we all pigged out.

I was disappointed to hear they had pizza for lunch, not only because we had pizza for dinner last night (and leftovers for lunch tomorrow) but because my father-in-law has Type II diabetes and I worry about the impact of all that crust on him. Plus my mother-in-law is always complaining about her weight and her blood pressure, so it's not good for her either. Ah, well, not my problem I suppose...

I had a snack of peanut butter crackers today. My husband and I both took a slice of pizza for lunch. I did make another splurge. I treated my husband to a Green Mountain coffee in the college snack bar. He and I each had a small. $2.

For breakfast we had the homemade cobbler. There is only one serving left, and three of us.

2 comments:

  1. OMG you liked something your MIL made!
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. because she really cooked, not just threw store bought crap on the table. I love her homestyle cooking... fried chicken, soup, pie...

    ReplyDelete