Saturday, February 14, 2009

Eek! No posts...


I knew I hadn't posted in a while, but now I'm ashamed to see I haven't cooked a meal since Thursday night... My husband made scrambled eggs and homefries for breakfast friday and we both took leftovers to work. I had leftover egg noodles and peas my mother-in-law had made and added the leftover tuna from my husband's work lunch Wednesday, but then I never ate it because I got to work and discovered a gluttonous cacophony of foods...

We had special training for facilitators in one of the programs that isn't mine and there was a spread of coffee, orange juice, cream cheese, bagels, bananas and scones. Then at lunch, they served sandwiches, salad, fruit, soda and cookies. It felt like I ate the entire time I was there... the food was right outside my door.

Then we had dinner at my dad's, which meant eating at the diner. Our daughter had clam chowder and shared more or less with everyone. I had a grilled cheese on rye because of everything I ate at the YWCA. Then, we went to my dad's house and my daughter iced and served a boxed cake she had made with my mother-in-law.

Today was Valentine's Day so my husband found the Green Mountain Southern Pecan coffee I fell in love with and got me croissants and raspberries from Wegmans. We did a family outing to the art museum, but misjudged when we would get out. That meant we stopped for lunch at 2 p.m. out. I had soup and a burger that left me full for the rest of the day. My daughter had soup and the turkey-ranch-bacon wrap which she finished for dinner.

So I just haven't had the chance to make a meal...

No comments:

Post a Comment