Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More creamsicle smoothies/ On Sorbet


I made another batch of creamsicle smoothies this morning spiked with mango sorbet. My father-in-law brought the Häagen-Dazs mango sorbet some time ago, but I didn't have any use for it so I ignored it.

Well, this morning, as I finished it to make another batch of smoothies, I read the label. Yeah, I do it on anything. The nutritional info on rainbow sprinkles is appalling.

I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, the carb count was high (37 g in a 1/2 cup) but the vitamin content was good. In the same serving size, the RDA of vitamin A was 20% and Vitamin C was 10%. That implies they use real mangos and not mango-flavor.

So I check the ingredients. Water, mango puree, sugar, lemon juice concentrate, carrot juice concentrate, pumpkin juice concentrate, natural flavor and pectin. May contain trace amounts of milk protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment