Friday, May 14, 2010

Oatmeal Bars??


Anyone who even casually follows this blog probably knows that I am on a quest to replicate something similar to Quaker Oatmeal Squares.

This recipe turned out delicious, but wasn't cakey enough to qualify:
http://angelfoodcooking.blogspot.com/2010/04/oatmeal-cookies.html

So today I doubled the batter ingredients and included the same dried ingredients. Optimistic, I put the batter in pyrex dishes and baked. One even has chocolate almond topping I found in the rear of the freezer today.

Cross your fingers. These took most of my morning...

Update: they worked! When I doubled the batter ingredients, I resisted using four sticks of butter, because a pound of butter is insane. I also used three eggs and some applesauce instead of four eggs, partially because it seemed healthier. The practical reason for the egg swap is that's what I had. I ended up freezer several batches of these for future breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment