Sunday, May 30, 2010

Trail Matzo

Gayle suggested slathering my leftover matzo with butter, adding chocolate and walnuts and baking it in the oven for a Girl Scout style trail snack.

I made a sauce of 3.5 ounces intense dark chocolate, 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, one stick butter, and one cup peanut butter. I added about 3 tablespoons dried strawberries and about half a cup candied ginger, torn into chunks.

I put the matzo on cookie sheets and added the chocolate, then I added walnuts and baked at 350 for five minutes.

I should have sprinkled the strawberries and ginger on top with the walnuts instead of in the sauce. I didn't use enough. If I did it in the sauce thinking it would allow the ginger to blend into the chocolate. We'll see.

It worked well, but next time, I'm going to spread the chocolate and the goodies more evenly.

1 comment:

  1. The GS recipie:

    Hikers crackers

    Crackers: Matzoh, saltines, townhouse, whatever is square or rectangular that you have lying around. They need to fit together in the dish.

    1 stick Butter or margarine
    1 cup Sugar
    12 ounces chocolate chips
    Ground walnuts

    Instructions

    Put crackers on a cookie tray. Melt 1 stick margarine and 1 cup sugar. Drizzle over saltines. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven. Pour on chocolate chips. When melted spread evenly over crackers. Sprinkle with walnuts. When cool, crack apart.

    ReplyDelete