Monday, May 3, 2010

Makeshift Chili Feast


Using the recipe from the last time as a guide (without pineapple as I had none and substituted a can of corn instead), I made chili.
http://angelfoodcooking.blogspot.com/2010/03/another-batch-of-chili.html

I served a side of greens (daughter selected raw broccoli and carrots instead) and a multigrain biscuit (from the freezer) drizzled with real maple syrup. And, of course, I shot of juice so that vitamin C can help my iron absorption.

I suggested making more biscuits after dinner and my daughter announces that she wants chili and fresh biscuits for breakfast tomorrow and biscuits with butter and jelly for dessert tonight. Sounds backwards to me, but that sounds fine.

I was just thinking about it, and everything in our meal tonight, down to the salad dressing was vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment