Monday, May 17, 2010

Guacamole



Opened my big recipe book today, the volume where I keep all my favorites. I think it's been three years since I made guacamole, but the recipe still lingers in my head... though not complete enough to be memorized and followed without a recipe.

The recipe wasn't there.

I couldn't imagine where else it would be... turned out to be from the Betty Crocker 25th Anniversary Cookbook.

Mix, cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour. Do not use a metal bowl.

  • 2 large ripe avocados, mashed
  • 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1.5 cups) *I used one tomato, about 5/6 of a cup)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup) *I only used about three tablespoons of red onion
  • 2 jalapeno chilis, seeded and chopped (I didn't have, tossed in a pinch of cumin instead)
  • 1 clove garlic finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (I used parsley from the garden. I know, it's nothing like cilantro but I figured why not)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
  • two tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice. (My lime was small, I used the whole thing)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
  • dash pepper (I used my four-color organic pepper)

No comments:

Post a Comment