Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflections on dining out


For New Years Eve, I enjoyed a tequila flight at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Mex Tex Trio in downtown Easton. It was my first experience sipping tequila and of the four I tasted, I must say I enjoyed them all. I also tried the burritoes con mole and adored that as well.

I was told that mole sauce is an acquired taste, but my husband and I liked it right away.

Which got me thinking, in a round-about kind of way:

Is it more economically responsible/frugal to schedule family nights out in our favorite restaurants say twice a month, with plans of what restaurants we'll visit in what month, or to continue to indulge as the need/whim arises?

I can't help but think I would save money if I scheduled these events as then I could tell myself, "You don't have to have pizza today. Friday is Mexican night. Just wait until then."

Of course, knowing me, I'll move Friday night Mexican to whatever night I don't feel like cooking... but it could work.

No comments:

Post a Comment