Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chris Casey-inspired Girl Scout peanut butter shake




My daughter is selling addictive substances. These sweet numbers are known as Girl Scout Cookies. Sold by an adorable child with brilliant manipulation skills.

My dear friend Chris Casey has told us that the best use of girl scout cookies is as follows:

Take 3-4 Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Some vanilla ice cream
Milk (or appropriate alcohol)
and blend.

Now, my version:
  • About three tablespoons caramel
  • One cup unsweetened soy milk
  • Four small scoops vanilla bean ice cream
  • 2/3 cup malt
  • 4 peanut butter sandwiches
My husband:
  • 4 peanut butter sandwiches
  • 3 generous scoops vanilla bean ice cream
  • one "big squirt" of chocolate syrup
  • a touch of caramel
  • a little bit of 2 % milk

5 comments:

  1. My God! Did you manage to induce a diabetic Coma?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last few years here in Louisville they have a
    contest with area chefs to make desserts from G.S.
    cookies.These desserts are unbeliveable this years
    contest was last night they usally have the recipes online if I can find the link I'll sent it to you. Barbara in KY

    ReplyDelete
  3. For anyone else who follows Weight Watchers programs out there....BEWARE! (An ENTIRE sleeve of thin mints is 37 points! (ahhhh---equivalent to more than 1900 calories!---equivalent to eating approximately one WHOLE pizza!ahhhh!)

    Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. Buy those cookies with a donation to the troops overseas---they need the calories more than ANY of us do! (nope, never off that soapbox!haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Lisa, you may be pleased to hear that my daughter's troop sent a couple cases of cookies to the troops with some toiletries and other items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make bourbon balls with the shortbreads. Really yummy, but for adult GS only.

    A sleeve of thin mints is only 37 points. I'm kind of disappointed. Something that good should be more!

    ReplyDelete