Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Holy Moly Peanut Butter


I haven't written in this blog since Friday?!? And the meal was one my husband made?

Yeah, we went out to eat, had dinner with my mom and ate leftovers so that seems right but Wow.

I'm having trouble getting my daughter to eat breakfast these days. So, today, I'm going to take some pumpkin waffles out of the freezer and concoct a peanut butter chocolate sauce for them.
Decadent. But I have to do something...

The original waffle recipe is:
http://angelfoodcooking.blogspot.com/2009/12/pumpkin-waffles.html
or you can visit the PPK online.

As for the sauce, I'll let you know later when I concoct it.

Let's see...
Decadent Peanut Butter Breakfast sauce
In a saucepan on low, melt:
  • one tablespoon butter
  • about two tablespoons leftover peanut butter and honey leftover from last week's sandwiches
  • 1.5 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 ounce Ghiradelli dark chocolate, 60 percent
Serve on waffles with sliced banana


Okay, so in the spirit of not wasting, I poured the
leftover sauce into a bowl, let it firm to an icing like consistency and have been spreading it on Oreos. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment