Thursday, June 25, 2009

Salads


We're having salads for lunch today for two reasons. No, make that three. 1. It's hot. 2. We have leftover veggies, meats and cheese that would be perfect in a salad. 3. We're going out to dinner with family.

So, my daughter's salad will be dressed with organic ranch. My husband will get creamy Italian. And I will have the red wine vinagrette.

The salad greens will be organic spinach, arugula and radicchio (coupon). I will use the broccoli I chopped for the pizzas and any leftover black olives. The matchstick carrots, pepperoni, and some chopped ring bologna. Maybe some raisins. And shredded parmesan and any white shredded cheddar or ricotta salata that's left.

Served with a tall glass of my fresh brewed pomegranate iced green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment