Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lots of Leftovers and Mother-in-Law cooking


We've eaten a lot of leftovers and simple meals... especially since I went to a conference yesterday and was out of the house all day. My mother-in-law made dinner, and it's funny because when she makes dinner, she brings every ingredient from her house.


Last night, she made hamburger b-b-q, hot bacon dressing with farm fresh greens, and the strangest mac and cheese I ever tasted. My daughter wouldn't eat it.


This morning, we had toast for breakfast and my daughter had pineapple and strawberries with that. At 11, I made myself a salad of greens, vegetarian chicken and leftover hot bacon dressing. My daughter wanted fresh mango, the BBQ without a roll, and baby carrots with organic ranch dressing. She's washing it down with chocolate soy milk.

2 comments:

  1. why would you have BBQ and hot bacon dressing in the same meal? Odd
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. she was preparing for a family reunion today. So the BBQ and the dressing was for that.

    ReplyDelete