Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Homemade pasties?


This morning we had farm-fresh strawberries and bananas (obviously not local bananas) for a first round of food.

At ten a.m. my daughter and I had my first and her second breakfast. I got two of my wheat biscuits from the freezer. Then I mixed one egg, some garlic pepper and some fresh milk from Klein Farm and fried it up. I added a slice of cheddar cheese and placed on the biscuit. We had some strawberry-banana drinkable yogurt, also from Klein Farm.

For lunch, I plan on using the leftover strawberry syrup and local strawberries to make crêpes again. Of course, the milk and eggs for the crêpe batter will be from Klein Farm.

For dinner, I hope to use a store-bought pie crust to whip up some vegetable beef pasties. I'm going to fry some hamburger from Klein Farm and use vegetable soup as a sauce.

****
Later that afternoon...
I only have one pie crust so I'm going to put it in a bread pan and make a giant pastie or a small pot pie...

I fried some hamburger and added some peas as it cooked. Then I added a can of condensed vegetarian vegetable soup, garlic pepper, four-peppercorn blend. and a half can of milk from the farm. When that simmers for a while and gets a little thicker, I'll pour it into my crust and then cover my concoction will foil before baking. About 15-20 minutes before it's done I'll remove the foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment