Sunday, June 14, 2009

Klein Farm


Lots of people go to Klein Farm for the cheese... I go for milk.

Klein Dairy sells their homemade cheese, yogurt and raw milk. We've probably been going there for as long as my daughter has been around and they keep expanding their products, and they work with other farmers and bakers to have yummy stuff. I'm going to investigate a CSA through them.

CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. I did one years ago thanks to my colleague Lisa at the Chronicle. You buy a share and the farmer gives you produce every week, whatever is harvested. I swear that's why my daughter is a good eater, because we exposed her to everything when she was one...

But today we bought a half-gallon of milk, a yogurt for me to eat right away, a larger container of the smoothie-yogurt in strawberry banana, brown eggs, three packages of ground beef, one package of beef cubes and one package of bacon. $33.

We're at the midpoint of the month and I've now spent about $11o on food.

No comments:

Post a Comment