Saturday, June 27, 2009

How to recycle Chicken Franchese pasta



Between our daughter's birthday and our big dinner out the other night, we've eaten a lot of leftovers. Plus, last night I had a board meeting to discuss an endowment over pizza and homegrown salad.

So today I came home from the writers group meeting, hungry because I'd had a slice of multigrain toast for breakfast and some Entemann's mini-donuts and a couple carrots at the board meeting. I ate a slice of ring bologna to get some protein in my system. Then I followed up by heating my leftovers from Little Italy Food Center in Pohatcong, N.J.

I had Chicken Franchese, even though it was an Italian restaurant, because it's one of my all-time favorites and such a simple dish. It included two huge chicken breasts so I could have saved one and not been a glutton, but I didn't. I brought home the linguini. Today, I added some chopped fresh broccoli and reheated.

It was fabulous.

Tonight is Gayle's fundraiser for the Susan Kromen and Avon walks... I'll blog about the food there tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. please be kind abou the food. my chefs worked for free.

    ReplyDelete