Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Canned black bean vegetable soup

It's cold & damp & I'm exhausted & feeling phlegmy & afraid I'm coming down with a cold.

I poured myself some water and dropped in some Aspirine UPSA with vitamin C (French effervescent aspirin) and opted for canned soup. Easy on my mouth, good for my soul.

I had grabbed a can of Amy's Organics black bean vegetable from Target during the weekend, $2.19 for two servings. While the salt content is outrageous (620 mg of sodium per serving or 26% of the RDA), the other nutritional content proofed beefy for a soup.

Other nutritional info, per serving:
- 1.5 grams total fat
- 5 g/ 20% daily fiber
- 6 g/ 10% protein
- 20% vitamin A
- 8% vitamin C
- 4% calcium
- 8% iron

The label claims it's GMO free, vegan and gluten free.

Now, dumping it out of the can is gross. The water comes first, then the puréed beans with vegetable matter in it. When it heated and blended to a single consistency, it proved delicious and hearty.

Very happy soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment