Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Better Oats Instant Oatmeal

I'm not a big believer in instant oatmeal, preferring to make my own oats or cream of wheat and flavor them at my own discretion.

After my first bout of dental surgery, I thought instant oatmeal might be a nice change from the pudding and yogurt and other assorted mush I've been eating.

But reviewing the instant oatmeal, none of them packed any real nutrition (even Target's Archer Farm varieties) so it seemed pointless to buy them.

And then I found "Better Oats." Reasonably priced, with vitamins and minerals and an ingredient list I can read. I grabbed maple and brown sugar and blueberry muffin.

We tried the maple this morning. We followed the directions and used water instead of our usual milk or soy milk. It tasted fine, but I was very disappointed to see it had sucralose in it. Why does our society have to add artificial sweetener to everything? I won't buy this flavor again.

Another day we'll try the blueberry, which does not have any surprising ingredients. Well, except for flax seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment