Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday night lament

I've got a partial batch of chômeur pudding in the oven while I debate more ibuprofen. I'm still in much pain. My husband has a cold and we're super broke.

We did do a touch of grocery shopping after my shift at Target, which I'll have to replace the money we spent before the mortgage comes due. I had to break down and shop because otherwise I'd be whipping out the credit cards for takeout.

First, I was traveling.

Then I had the dental surgery from Hell.

It's impossible to meal plan and grocery shop with pain radiating through your jaw, but somehow I bought food. Not great food but food...

I spent $73.63 and bought:
- Mrs. Paul's Fish Filets, on clearance for $3.17
- two loaves Archer Farm breakfast bread, one apple fritter and one mocha (that sounds exotic and decadent), $3.29 each
- pretzel rolls, $2.49
- new England blueberry cobbler coffee, $6.79 (we had company coming)
- chock full of nuts coffee, $3.59
- better oats (instant oatmeal that actually has some nutritional punch), maple and brown sugar and blueberry muffin, five pouches each, $1.79 per five-serving box (2 boxes)
- bigelow plantation mint tea, $2.19
- Lipton green tea, one box mixed berry and one box vanilla and black currant, $1.87 each
- archer farm steam in bag Thai vegetable blend, $2.29
- archer farm lime cilantro steam in bag rice with poblano peppers and corn, $2.29
- old orchard 100 percent apple raspberry juice frozen concentrate, 3 at $1.47 each
- pillsbury pie crusts, 2 at $2.49 each
- one dozen large eggs, 99 cents
- six Chobani yogurts, $1 each
- archer farms spinach pizza, $4.99
- 100 for women vitamins, $3.99 minus $1 coupon
- breath right strips, free after coupon
- up and up nighttime cold medicine $4.04
- Kleenex, 2 boxes, $1.69 and $1.62, minus 75 cent coupon
- pencils for school valentines, $3
- squeegee, $1
- Morningstar breakfast patties, 3 at $3.69, plus a box of Morningstar corn dogs, also $3.69

No comments:

Post a Comment