Wednesday, February 15, 2012

All I need

Yesterday, in Wegmans, I fell prey to the croissants. I wanted at least one of each: plain, almond, and chocolate. I know my daughter prefers chocolate, but I'm not sure about my husband... And if I got almond, would they feel left out?

So I bought one of each for each of us. Now I have a colleague who swears Giant makes the best croissants, but I have yet to have a taste test them side by side with Wegmans and it should be done in close proximity to a trip to Europe.

Anyway, croissants are $1.25 (they used to be $1.50) so it's a good example of near absolute purchasing power parity, since croissants are 1 euro in Paris, and the exchange rate is about $1.30 per euro.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you, all food and economics! (My favorite is the chocolate--particularly in France)

    ReplyDelete