Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sadly no fancy meals...

I had my two-week post-op follow up on my dental implant today. I've had some intense pain with this procedure so I suspected something was wrong.

The periodontist did an exam and had me screaming as soon as he stuck his hand in my mouth. Apparently I had a "super infected" area under the implant where they extracted the tooth chip that had been missed by my oral surgeon in May.

With an amazing show of bedside manner, my periodontist removed the implant, cleaned the infection, and performed a bone graft. He stitched me up, commented on my toughness, and told me to keep taking my antibiotics. (I broke down yesterday afternoon and called because I was in so much pain.)

I didn't expect to have dental surgery this morning... So it's back to pudding, yogurt and smoothies...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for an excellent article! I appreciate your insights and agree with what you wrote. phoenix dental implants

    ReplyDelete