Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Plotting the day


It has started out as a good food day. We had French toast from the freezer for breakfast. My husband packed peanut butter and jelly on Ritz-style crackers for lunch, with a side of chopped broccoli and carrots and probably some chips. I haven't given much thought to dinner, so we'll have to see what I whip up after my oral presentation in history and my meeting with my politics professor.

I started hot spinach dip for dinner, which is the last pack of frozen spinach I bought several months ago when Giant had spinach on sale 5/$4. If I'm ambitious, I'll add some carrots to it, but chances are it will be fairly basic.

I also got attacked by the last container of frozen five alarm chili. The container tumbled from the freezer and cracked, so now I'm eating the chili. I swore we eaten all of that batch of chili already.

Now the four-year-old and I are enjoying Wasabi bar mix from Forks mediterranean deli, which despite the fact that it's spicy, my daughter is eating heartily (and drinking lots of water).
Finally, this allows the perfect avenue to mention that despite my attention to what my family eats, I horribly abuse myself. Thus far today I have had two cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer, one Nature Valley almond granola bar and two glasses of water. And it's 2 p.m. Off to eat that chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment