Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday enigma


It's 3:30 p.m. I just got home. I worked five hours, then went to class. As soon as I got home, I started a batch of French bread. It's pivotal for my plans tomorrow. Okay, so I'm dying for a sandwich.


I'm thinking for dinner tomorrow I'll make some sort of chicken-broccoli-cheese stuffed bread, maybe with smoked gouda if I can find some money for the cheese. But then, I'm also going to be in Nazareth tomorrow, which means close proximity to Collondras. The best cheese ever.


But right now, I want to mention something about my psyche. Some people buy clothes. Some people go to the movies. Some people play expensive video games. I buy food. If I have a spare dollar in my wallet, I'm using it for some exotic grocery or taking the family for ice cream. Or getting salads from Wegmans. Or take-out.


But today, I started homemade bread. And probably for dinner we'll have some sort of salad wrap. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be ambitious enough to start sweet rolls for breakfast.

I didn't start the rolls. We had the frozen spinach-ham-white bean soup for dinner. Photo of raw bread above. Recipe under "bread" or "French."

No comments:

Post a Comment