Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cheese platter


Normally, I would never advocate two cheese-oriented meals in one day, but today I went to Calandra's Italian cheeses in Nazareth... And everyone knows Calandra's mozzarella must be eaten while still wet to enjoy the full flavor.


I spent $13.57 at Calandra's on some ricotta salata, some fresh ricotta (lasagne to prep today so my husband can cook it when I work late tomorrow) and the last hunk of fresh mozzarella of the day.


Then I went to Giant and got strawberries, bananas, and watermelon. I also grabbed some no-boil lasagne noodles and some no-salt added tomato sauce. Half a gallon of Turkey Hill lemonade because I've needed a lemonade fix and a 32 ounce container of vanilla yogurt. $13 and some change.


Then I went to the liquor store. Two bottles of Vouvray and one bottle of Bordeaux. $36. Ouch.


So for dinner, my husband arranged a platter of apples, strawberries, watermelon and banana with cheddar and the mozzarella. Plus Aldi brand triscuits. JIF Natural Peanut Butter (so smooth and yummy). And Inglehoffer Sweet Hot Mustard for me. The mustard was for the cheddar. The peanut butter was for any of the fruits but the watermelon.


My husband asked what a French person would think of this dinner. I replied that a French person would consider it a cheese course and be wondering what I did with the rest of the dinner. Now, to get him to uncork the Vouvray.

No comments:

Post a Comment