Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rum and coke

Bear with me. I've worked a crazy shift at Target tonight and I'm drinking.

Husband and I are home alone and we debated what to do without dear daughter. We almost went to a movie, since eating out would break our pledge.

So, while I was at work, husband checked out the movies at Target and he picked 'Becoming Jane Austen' because it was on sale for $4.75 before discounts. We almost got cookies but Target doesn't seem to carry Petit Ecolier anymore... Oh where will I get my little French schoolboys to devour?

He also went to the liquor store and bought a bottle of Vouvray and a bottle of Goslings 80-proof black rum. Now we're watching the movie and drinking rum and cherry coke. The cost of the evening is less than $35.

Very cool.

3 comments:

  1. Wegmans doesn't carry Petit Ecolier?

    If not, you know where I live. Say the word and I'll have those little schoolboys sent by La Poste. Yummy. -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Wegmans still carries them, though Target used to have a better selection and they used to have Pims, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But any French goodies are always welcome

    ReplyDelete