Friday, August 12, 2011

Pizza eggs

My daughter asked for fruit loops for breakfast. I let her pick any box of generic cereal from Aldi's aisle last shopping trip. I don't consider cereala real breakfast. Even with soy milk for extra protein I just don't think it has enough heft to really get you through the morning.

I gave my daughter some choices as to how to make it more acceptable. She chose scrambled eggs, which surprised me because she usually moans and groans when I make scrambled eggs. So to avoid disappointment, I made pizza eggs.

PIZZA EGGS

- dollop of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs scrambled eggs
- a sprinkle of papa john's pizza seasoning
- a sprinkle of parsley
- a couple tablespoons six Italian cheese blend from Target (Market Pantry brand)
- ketchup to taste

Combine eggs, seasoning and parsley. Lightly oil your pan and heat. Add eggs, scrambling to desired doneness. Reduce heat, top with cheese and ketchup. Let cheese melt. Stir and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment