Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Great Pie Tasting

I went to Aldi and did some grocery shopping, bought lots of basics from flour to tortilla chips, baking soda to eggs. I spent $77 and got just about everything. I didn't see baking powder so I picked that up at Target today.

The interesting thing was that Market Pantry baking soda was 49 cents a box, which is the same price I paid for generic baking soda at Aldi. Who thought Target could match Aldi in price?!? With the Red Card Discount (and/or my employee discount that would be LESS than Aldi).

I also found individual packets of Sugar in the Raw Turbinado sugar on clearance for 75 cents a box.

We also picked up Muppets Take Manhattan for $4.75 (minus the two discounts)so I thought I'd but a bag of popcorn from the café. After all, I made it myself. I also bought one of each of the pie slices we sell: one Hershey chocolate, one Oreo cream, and one Mrs. Smith's strawberry cheesecake.

There're $1.75 each before discounts and I was surprised that all of them were yummy. The chocolate one was the most boring, but very creamy. The Oreo reminded me of cookies and cream ice cream. Both my husband and I thought the strawberry was the best and very flavorful.

1 comment: