Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Experimental Stew


So, I do it every time. I start cooking the beef cubes in butter in my Le Creuset skillet for French-style beef stew and I don't check the cupboard to make sure we have stock.

I had chicken stock and Thai stock. So I piled some chives and parsley from the garden into the skillet with the cooking meat, about a teaspoon of garlic salt and a teaspoon of four color black peppercorn. When that got done cooking, I added enough thai broth to fill the skillet. And basil. And more pepper.

Then I poured the broth, after about 30 minutes, into the stew pot. Then I added half a bottle of red wine to the skillet and cooked the wine in that. I combined everything and put the stew pot over the heat. I added the rest of the wine, and a wine bottle of water. I boiled and tasted. Too much red wine.

So I added a can of vegetarian vegetable soup (with alphabet noodles, classy, eh?) and some more basil and chives.

And set it to boil for about ten minutes. Added green beans from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment