Friday, May 15, 2009

The problem with a strict budget


A strict budget works for the purse strings, but no so much if you like variety. I have eaten enough ham and cheese for a lifetime. I have $50 left in my grocery budget for the month. We may be repeating the infamous $20 Aldi trips, especially the way this tribe's been eating lately.


Breakfast today: Leftover Bob's Red Mill cereal with jelly for the child and husband


Morning snack: My daughter wanted some vanilla yogurt (I buy only the 32 ounce containers) and leftover raspberries from my dinner party. I had my breakfast: the final serving of Bob's with the wine sauce from the raspberries.


Lunch: leftover peaches from yesterday and omelets of the leftover ham, some cheddar and a taste of gruyère with the ham heated and browned in butter and garlic pepper. So good we all wanted more.


Dessert: homemade sticky buns with super amounts of raisins and pecans (from the freezer)

For dinner, I need to make something chock full of vegetables as we've had lots of fruit and grain... Maybe a salad with vegetarian meat? Or bacon? I bought bacon (hard to believe, me, bacon) because I'd been reading about French potato casseroles... Mmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment