Friday, May 22, 2009

Grocery Update

I spent the last half hour in Quicken paying bills and trying to plan our summer survival since my upcoming vacation is unpaid. I was happy to see that the budget appears on target, unless I forgot to include some food purchases. NOT including alcohol I have spent $225 on groceries this month and we bought pizza twice, adding another $47 to the budget. I am very pleased with that figure. Now if I can make it one more week without going to the store.


Of that, $107 was spent at Aldi.
$42 left our wallet and traveled to Wegmans (not including the $20 my husband spent on an ice cream cake, that was classified under gifts).
The remaining $76 or so went to our neighborhood Giant.


Sometimes I think I spend less if I go to the store once a week instead of once a month. When I go once a month, I feel pressured to buy everything and end up forgetting important stuff. When I do a small order, I rush and I don't care if I forget things so we do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment