Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Breakfast for dinner


It's been a hectic day. We started out the morning with a trip to the car dealership to get an oil change and an unexpected $450 worth of repairs. My daughter had some Peanut Butter Kids Crunch cereal from Aldi before we left. My husband packed some trail mix with yogurt covered raisins and dry cereal for me. My daughter ate most of it.


Lunch was leftover sicilian from the weekend. I love sicilian from Pizza D'oro. Not only is it a pizza I adore, but it feeds my family for three meals. Usually one dinner, the following morning for breakfast and the second day after for lunch. Plus a free two liter which we pretty much save for parties or mixers for alcoholic beverages. $17.


But dinner tonight was a real treat! Not only did my husband make dinner without being asked to... (Daughter had kindergarten orientation and we got home at 5 p.m.) but he made waffles. I added chocolate chips to the batter when he wasn't looking. And we cooked up some Morningstar vegetarian sausages. And then some sliced apple. With real maple syrup of course. The leftover waffles went into a freezer bag and there's another day's breakfast or maybe a lunch.

Waffles from the Betty Crocker Cookbook

2 eggs

2 cups flour

1/2 cup oil or melted butter (we used canola)

1 and 3/4 cups milk (we used soy)

1 tablespoon regular or brown sugar

4 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into the iron and cook for 4-5 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment