Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bacon wraps


I made bacon/salad wraps for lunch. I think this is a good example of how I stretch the food budget. Remember all that cheese for the dinner party and the croque monsieur? We still have a fairly nice chunk of gruyère left. And since I bought about $12 worth of gruyère, that makes me happy.


So, I started with some real smoke flavored bacon (not vegetarian, how odd is that?). I fried it in an ungreased skillet. Two slices for each wrap. Then, I heated each tortilla shell in the drippings. I placed each heated shell on a plate, and arranged the bacon inside it. I used salad leftover from Wednesday's dinner party for some vegetable matter. Next I grated some gruyère, sprinkling less than two tablespoons of cheese in each wrap. For dressing, I used a hair more than one teaspoon organic ranch for each. I rolled them up and served with a side of canned peaches (using up the can from the other day) and some potato chips which actually came free with some takeout sandwiches a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment