Saturday, September 3, 2011

Impulse buys at Target

All during work tonight, I kept thinking of how nice it would be to enjoy the bottle of Vouvray in the fridge with some fruit, or to make honeyed fruit with the wine. I kept thinking bananas, but what I really wanted was raspberries, though raspberries now hurt my teeth. And then I started thinking about yogurt and salad.

Now it's not often I crave healthy food so I thought it might be worth a dash through the store. Then I remembered I had $10 in gift cards. That did me in.

So I headed to the grocery section.

I bought:
- fresh express veggie lover's salad, regularly $2.99 marked down to $1.99
- 6 ounces of raspberries, $2.09
- 6 bananas at 17 cents each
- Market Pantry frozen peas, $1.02
- Market Pantry frozen yellow and white corn blend, $1.02
- Market Pantry frozen snap peas, 2 bags at $1.37 each. (these are the best!)
- very vanilla silk $2.79
- Chobani Greek style yogurt, 2 lemon, one black cherry, $1.29 each
- market Pantry rainbow sherbet, $2.99

Total: $19.53
Minus $10 gift cards
Minus $1.96 team member discount
Minus red card savings 38 cents
New total: $7.19

No comments:

Post a Comment