Monday, February 15, 2010

The end of a fun weekend

My apologies for not keeping up with this blog over the weekend, but our diet has been mediocre because the daughter and I had a little bug. Nothing serious. Nothing gastro-intestinal, thank goodness, but enough to keep my daughter up at night with a cough and enough to make me sound like Marge Simpson's sister, Selma Beauvoir.

I'm enjoying a cup of Easy Now Traditional Medicinal tea because the French professor at Lafayette emailed me about the papers I asked him to read. He says my French is excellent but I'm sure he's being polite.

To keep this vaguely on topic, I'll mention that we had lunch with our German friends today and were treated to an apple walnut salad, krautwickel and garlic mashed potatoes which our daughter loved.

On Saturday, before I fell ill, we made a romantic trip to the pizza parlor and the warehouse club. I was going to report the items on the receipt, but most seem pet or school related.

  • Cat litter, 35 lbs, $10.83
  • 36 double rolls of toilet tissue, $14.98
  • Cascade Gel, $8.79
  • HUGE container of Dawn dish detergent, plus a small one (I have to be careful with dish soaps, I'm allergic to some) $4.98
  • Post It Note Flags (306) $6.57
  • Two giant jars of JIF creamy $7.79
  • My favorite "MM Bonus Bag" now before you think it's chocolate candy, that's 22.5 pounds of Meow Mix cat food, $12.78

No comments:

Post a Comment