Thursday, September 24, 2009

One of those days

I thought everyone might appreciate knowing that I have days when it all goes awry. Like today. Today is my day off. No school. No work.

But I have to go to the office while my daughter is in kindergarten to screen a volunteer. On top of it, I have an economics quiz tomorrow, a big French test Tuesday, and last minute stuff for a training I'm giving at work next week.

And the teacher made color day a Thursday instead of Friday.

So while I'm trying to study this morning, my office keeps calling. I start the dishwasher and something blocked the water flow so half the dishes aren't clean.

I planned leftover baked potatoes for lunch, with heaps of frozen veggies-- carrots, lima beans, zucchini, snap peas-- and I began seasoning them with garlic pepper and grated cheese while the potatoes were in the microwave. They smelled awesome.

Then huge chunks of moldy cheese started falling into the veggies.

So the potatoes got served with garlic pepper and sour cream with a side of Mornindstar vegetarian chicken nuggets. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

  1. grated cheese got mold? I didn't realize that was possible!

    ReplyDelete