Saturday, September 5, 2009

Catch up


My apologies to any loyal fans who have noticed I have fallen down on the job. The first week of school for both my daughter and I proved more impossible than I thought. I hardly slept, let alone cooked.

This is what I remember about the last several days:

  • Wednesday morning I had a fried egg on homemade foccaccia for breakfast. That was delicious.
  • Wednesday evening my husband made boxed mac and cheese with lots of fresh broccoli.
  • In the middle of the night Wednesday, I was starving so my husband made me half a poppy seed bagel with tuna and melted cheddar, open faced. Mmmmm...
  • Thursday night we got a sicilian with broccoli and sausage.
  • Yesterday my boss gave me a ton more tomatoes which reminded me that I have some in the garden, ripe on the vine.
  • My daughter has been eating all my cottage cheese. She likes it with homemade jelly mixed in.
  • Special K peanut butter chocolate protein bars taste like chocolate covered rice krispie treats
  • Last night my husband made steak sandwiches on bagels. Chipped steak meat with cheddar cheese and pizza sauce. We served with fresh blueberries.
This is what it's like to eat in my house when things are nutty.

No comments:

Post a Comment