Wednesday, March 4, 2009

That's a wrap


If it looks like I've slacked off on this blog, I have and I haven't. I have, because there are less entries than usual. I haven't because with all this illness, we've barely been eating. We've been drinking gallons of orange juice though.

We literally did not have dinner last night because we went to a party for one of my afterschool program and my daughter ate her weight in celery, carrots, Oreos and Cheetos. But I considered that a wash because she had been eating all day. Generic peanut butter crunch and soy milk for breakfast; Herbatussin tea with milk and honey, one section of a Nature Valley granola bar, four peach halves and chocolate soy milk for a second breakfast; yogurt and graham crackers for lunch #1; and then a second lunch with me...

For a second lunch, I had made myself a wrap. I used the leftover lunchmeat ham and spread it on a tortilla shell. I sprinkled mozzarella on it and heated it. Then I put on some spicy brown mustard and rolled it (and gave 1/3 to my daughter). She devoured hers and asked for more, but we had eaten all the ham.

For lunch today, my husband took the last of the turkey (this is all the Aldi meat my in-laws forgot here... I wouldn't buy it because the ingredients list is all preservatives and even includes high fructose corn syrup, but I'm way too wired not too waste food). He added ranch to his, cheddar cheese and slices of apple, along the lines of my funky turkey sandwiches last week. I asked that he swap my ranch for the raspberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment