Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another Fine Wawa Meal


Once upon a time there was a mom who loved to cook. One day, her life exploded and her college classes, her job and her volunteer commitments all needed attention at the same time. Between that and kindergarten registration and the flood and and illness and spring in general, any attempts to cook flew out the window.

For breakfast, my daughter had Aldi brand Peanut Butter Crunch and soy milk. For lunch, she had pollock on homemade bread and whatever else my husband packed. I had one slice buffalo chicken pizza, that was brunch for me. Then my daughter and I split a Nature Valley almond granola bar.

For dinner, my husband went to Wawa as he waited for us to come and get him. (He worked until 4:30. I got out at 5 in a town 14 miles away.) He said the pickin's were slim. He settled on a chicken salad whole wheat wrap and a club sandwich with cheddar on marble rye. He also got apple slices with caramel dip and watermelon. And the sandwich came with a whole dill pickle. Our daughter loves pickles. Total spent: $15.

Daughter had watermelon, apples, 1/3 of the chicken salad wrap, a few bites of the turkey sandwich and several bites of the pickle. I had the remaining 2/3 of the wrap, the remaining 1/2 of the turkey sandwich the two of us had planned to share, and I think three apple slices. This was augmented by some leftover spinach-ham-bean soup and Aldi brand fritos with Aldi brand red pepper hummus. My husband had the other half of the turkey sandwich, a BIG bowl of the soup, a couple apples, some watermelon, and some hummus with multigrain gluten free crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment