Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Solstice

Yesterday I had asked my daughter if she could have anything for dinner what would it be.

She answered ice cream.

I said that was dessert. So I asked again.

She said toast and French fries, and starting eyeing garlic bread. I could worth with that. And then she told me she was just being silly.

I suggested French bread, garlicky vegetable covered pizzas. She liked my idea.

I spent $16 and got the goodies in the one photo, including a half gallon of half-and-half at a clearance price of $2.58.

As for the pizzas, we started with Archer Farm garlic-herb baguette, buttered it, piled it with black olives, leftover zucchini, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Then we added Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.

I also bought cherries hoping to make a clifoutis but don't have eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment