Monday, June 4, 2012

Grocery trip on foot

I had a coupon for $10 off a $20 purchase at bottom dollar.

Before we left the house, I started some dry pintos and some dry small red beans to boil and then sit.

I went outside in the rain to plant what my mother-in-law said were two tomato and two pepper plants, but they looked like three tomato and one pepper. Daughter helped me plant them.

We (husband took the day off) walked the neighborhood kids to school and headed to Bottom Dollar. On foot.

We bought:
- pineapple chunks, 98 cents
- pineapple slices, 98 cents
- mango nectar, 1 quart, $1.38
- 6 inch flour tortillas, 2 packs, $1.18 each
- water chestnuts, 99 cents
- 2 ounces pure vanilla extract, $4.78
- 2 small cans tuna in water, 69 cents each
- 9 ounces chili powder, $2.66
- almost one pound of fresh broccoli crowns, $1.42
- bunch of fresh kale, 98 cents
- strawberries, quart, $1.98
- cucumber, 64 cents
- half gallon of half-and-half, $3.56
- three pounds of butter, $6.87
- English muffins, $1.28

Total: $22.33

When we got home my husband made me a vegetarian sausage sandwich with harvarti and buffalo blue cheese dip on an English muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment