Saturday, June 9, 2012

Garden 2012

This year's garden has been a bit of a challenge. Who am I kidding? Gardening is ALWAYS a challenge for me. I like harvesting. I hate the gardening part.

So, between the tortoise and the weather I lost all the tomato plants I raised from seed. I pulled out my back and haven't kept up with weeding. Oh, and speaking of weeding, I must have pulled out all my spinach thinking it was weeds. And the cats broke one of my nursery tomato plants. My daughter helped trample some other stuff.

But this is where we're at. Note photo. Oregano off to a great start. Mint and chives as always are fine. Recently hacked back by sorrel hoping to stimulate fresh growth. Dill and parsley reseeded themselves though not the healthiest looking plants.

In the egg cartons along the fence are watermelons and fancy Italian red peppers. The big pot are pickling cucumber seeds. The pavers are next to my three tomato plants, with a green pepper on the other side.

That clay flower pot bottom is a watering bowl for the tortoise with red leaf lettuce, green leaf and spinach to the side of it. Not the big bunch. That's the sorrel.

Once I get healthy watermelon plants and/or cukes, I'll plant inside the pavers.

Child planted wildflowers in the wheelbarrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment