Tuesday, September 7, 2010

'Standard' school lunch


Yesterday, my husband went to the store to get the contents of a surprise lunch-- school lunch for me and picnic for him and the daughter.

For $13, he got buy one get one free bagged salads, cream of wheat, smoked turkey breast from the deli counter and honestly I don't know if he purchased anything else. Oh! Gala apples and bananas.

But I do know he made smoked gouda and turkey wraps with greens and garden fresh tomatoes that make my mouth water even now.

For dinner, he made strawberry pancakes to use up the last of the strawberries we bought at the warehouse club last week. With a side of morningstar breakfast patties and real maple syrup.

For the little one's lunch today, I decided to go basic. Or my take on basic. Thermos with vanilla soy milk. Sides include a small bag of cool ranch doritoes, a Gala apple, a bag of 'fruit snacks' (a birthday gift), and one Hershey kiss. The sandwich is a small one, about the equivalent of half a standard sandwich. It's my homemade English muffin bread with mayo, turkey, vermont cheddar, spinach (carefully picked out of the bagged salad of mixed greens) and a thin slice of garden fresh tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment