Monday, September 27, 2010

Packed Nachos

My daughter wanted nachos for lunch. Since I'm always up for a challenge, I heated some of the black beans I made in the crockpot and melted some monterey jack cheese over them. (The cheese is the only part of this lunch that isn't vegan.) I put the beans/cheese in her thermal bowl.

Separately, I gave her tortilla chips, black olives and mango salsa.

I also gave her a dish to prepare them on.

Drink is a juice box as with all those containers there is no room for a thermos.

Later:
Nachos were such a big success they were requested again today.
Apparently, she made her own little nachos in the dish I gave her and then decided to pile the olives and salsa directly onto her remaining beans and ate it without the chips. Then she had the chips by herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment