Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pesto Mayo (Picnic)


Yesterday while our daughter was in school, my husband (who took the last of his vacation days this week) suggested a picnic dinner.

I had been hungry for a turkey sandwich so this was A-okay with me.

He went to Giant and picked up a half-pound of smoked turkey breast, some green leaf lettuce, multigrain bagels, a bag of Cool Ranch Doritoes and a 2-liter of some funky blue Mountain Dew (not that we took THAT on the picnic.)

Today, we're having more turkey for lunch, but this time we're having them on the scrumptious biscuits I made yesterday a.m. and I added homemade pesto mayo.

In the food processor I mixed:
- 2.5 heaping tablespoons mayo
- about 1 cup fresh basil leaves from my garden
- about 3 tablespoons baby spinach from the garden
- about 3 tablespoons fresh parsley from the garden

photo is my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment