Monday, June 14, 2010

Packed Lunch

Okay, so once again days have evaporated with us eating boring things like pasta, take out hamburgers and lots of salad.

Tomorrow, I am 'working.'

I am helping answer the phones at my stepmom's business. Just as a favor.

8:30 to 4:30. Now I haven't worked a traditional eight hour day in more than a decade. I was a journalist. We don't sit in an office. We go OUT. And about.

I got the call last night. Asking me to do this tomorrow. With the anemia and the finances and dentist appts for the whole family, I knew there would be no stopping by the store.

So I scavenged to pack a lunch that would provide enough food. For me.

I packed my Sigg water bottle, empty, knowing they have a water cooler. Meanwhile, my husband mixed up one of his coffee drinks (mine's mostly soymilk). I also packed a raspberry leaf tea bag. And a juice box-- the Organic Kids Raspberry Lemonade.

Beverages done.

Next: breakfast and morning snack.
- cottage cheese and apple butter
- one of my homemade oatmeal-strawberry-molasses breakfast bars

Lunch:
- Zaatar bread from Forks Mediterranean Deli with Greek feta (a friend brought some cheese and meat the other day, hence last night we had a cheese platter with sage derby. The child loved it.)
- BIG salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- a piece of cashew nougat candy from the deli

Afternoon pick me up:
"trail mix" of
- dried strawberries
- raisins
- dark chocolate covered expresso beans
- candied ginger
- mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment