Thursday, January 23, 2014

More comfort food

God bless my husband.

We had a snow storm on Tuesday, and after work on Wednesday he drove me to Target for my closing shift and then he got gas in the car and went to Giant.

You see, I had a coupon for free eggs if I spent $5. Since we're still broke and paying off our new tires, he took a credit card and bought $20 worth of groceries. 

Enough to get us through a few more days. And it's beyond cold. So we planned this comfort food meal:


- Home canned local apples
- Wegmans spirals and cheese boxed macaroni and cheese with fresh spinach
- burgers from the freezer (I don't even remember when we bought ground beef) on potato buns from Giant and more fresh spinach (husband's mom got spinach at the warehouse club and shared).

Dinner last night also came from the freezer:
- turkey leftover from Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law's house
- green beans almandine that I had made for Christmas dinner with my mom and step mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment